Before hiring any painting company, you should have a basic understanding of their painting process. Good preparation is the key to long lasting and beautiful work, so make sure the company has a sufficient painting process.
This is our process for exterior paint jobs:
- All areas are to be protected with drop cloths.
- All surfaces or to be soaked with mildicide and fully pressure washed to remove all dirt and mildew.
- All peeling paint to be machine sanded to a feathered finish.
- All shingles in detail work to be prepared with hand tools.
- All glossy surfaces will be light sanded to assure proper adhesion.
- Replacement carpentry (if specified) will be performed to replace all rotten or damaged wood and assure proper adhesion of the paint.
- All open seams in siding and trim to be fully caulked to seal out moisture.
- All holes and divots on siding and trim to be filled with two component epoxy
- All prepared surfaces and bare wood to fully primed.
- Factory finish on all gutters to be cleaned. Previously painted gutters to be repainted.
- Exterior glass to be razored clean at the completion of the work.
- Apply two coats of the highest quality Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paints to surfaces
- Job site to be left clean.